Mar 3, 2008

Works in progress ...

No pictures to post yet, but since last time, I've been in the studio quite a bit--working on Madame DuBunny, progressing (slowly) on Josephine (still waiting for her fabrics to arrive, but got her under petticoat and little kid boots made), and started something new: altered art shadow boxes. When I was a painter, I used to build little shrines to mount on my canvasses. Sometimes I would build a collage right on the canvas. So, it was a little like tapping back into that vein and a little like trying something completely new. I made a trip to Michael's on Saturday and collected all sorts of wonderful goodies to play with. So far, I've nearly completed two: Marie Antoinette and George Washington. I have collected (downloaded) so may period etchings and paintings as inspiration for my dolls, that I found I have a wealth of materials to draw on!

Let's see what today brings (I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so it may bring nothing but bedrest)!

Nina

2 comments:

Susan Walker said...

I hope you are feeling better today. Can't wait to see your latest creations! Susan

Flora said...

I found you thru esty and fell in love with all your dolls,I think you deserve this "You Make My Day" award because you do just that!
Blessings,Flora
http://boneheadstudio.blogspot.com/