Dec 12, 2008

Santa Claus is Coming to Town ...



Finished just in the Nick of Time (get it?). This 18th-Century Santa Claus will be debuting tonight on Spooky Time Jingles! He's my first contribution to the Christmas Collection! Santa, miraculously, was done since I returned from Williamsburg. He wears black velveteen breeches, a white Irish linen shirt and a waistcoat in a reproduction period cotton print (that looks like holly to me). I decided to give him a banyan style cap, after trying several more traditional caps. Dan made the bench for him, which I painted with barn red milk paint. His Naughty/Nice list has real names from the Revolutionary War (Patriots, good/British, bad). No offense to my British readers! I'm a definite Anglophile!!

Nina

1 comment:

Kingfisher Farm said...

Nina!! He's FANTASTIC!! Pam