Jan 21, 2009

Bits & Pieces

Just a few details to get out of the way.

First, a big shout out and thanks to Dixie Redmond. Your "swap" item arrived yesterday and it is supercalafrageliciousexpealadotious!! I love the painting, Dix. She's beautiful!! Thank you so much!!!

Second, I will be participating in the Atlanta Doll Collector's Show on May 2. I'll post a link to more information about that soon!

Third, I submitted my dolls and articles to Art Doll Quarterly. Some of my historic portrait dolls will be featured in the issue that hits newsstands in August. They're running a full-blown feature on me and my dolls!! Keep your fingers crossed that one of my creations makes the cover!! I will be!!!

Oh, and, less importantly ... I took the Twilight Quiz and I'm Bella Swan. Lame, I know, but fun. Here's what it says about the results: "You are Bella Swan, the apple of Edward's eye. You are very private, clumsy, sweet, and funny. You have a wonderful ability to accept people (or mythical creatures) for what they are. You have an amazing capacity to love, even though you can be too hard on yourself"

Except for being "clumsy" and "the apple of Edward's eye," I think it's pretty descriptive of me, actually (and so does my own personal Edward, who sees me for who I am and loves me, not in spite of it, but because of it).

My figure of Edward (I was referring to my dear hubby above) is at the tailor's -- having a sport coat made. I may be able to post pictures of my Edward and Bella as early as today. I'm still waiting for some hair to arrive for Edward, tho. He has some hair, just not enough.

Nina

P.S. I decided to tidy up the art studio a little this morning before getting back to work on Edward's sportscoat and voila! I found an old doll wig I'd discarded with the right color hair for Edward! He's looking good, ladies. Smokey and dangerous (yet sensitive).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! I can't wait to see him!! :)
XOXO
Jillian

Nina Mason said...

Thanks, Jillian. I'm still working on his sports coat, actually -- but he's pretty smokin'. Afraid to share him with others! But he's got sweet little Bella in his arms. I found out today that Robert Tonner is going to release Bella and Edward dolls in the spring -- and they can be pre-ordered. They're manufactured and plastic, of course. But more affordable (at 125.99 than mine will ever be). I'm actually thinking at this point that I'd only consider selling my Bella and Edward to Rob Pattinson or Stephanie Meyers. Ha ha. Does Rob need a doll of himself? Is he mature enough to respect him as a piece of art? Weird to think about! But I'm happy to keep them with me -- they will be so lovely when they're done. Next, I'm thinking of a shaggy russet wolf and Renesmee. I did a pretty cool wolf (which recently sold) for a Red Riding Hood challenge -- so I'm sure I could do Jacob as the shape-shifter wolf.

Poor Rob Pattinson. I'm rather fascinated with his creativity and grungyness, chain smoking and boozing. If only I was 30 years younger ... sigh.

Nina

Dixie Redmond said...

Hi, Nina - I'm glad you like the painting. Merry Christmas ;-)

Dixie