Jan 21, 2009

Poor Rob Pattinson

I know that, at 50, I should not allow myself to be sucked into the blogosphere or childish obsessions about celebrities. But it's hard to resist. I have tried really hard to resist crossing the line between Edward Cullen and Robert Pattinson, the actor who plays him in Twilight. Looking for pictures of Rob as reference for my Edward (it's hard to separate actors and book characters when you've seen the movie before you've read the books -- but I still have my own idea about things vs. the stylist for the film, so that will manifest itself in my work).

Aargh. I do not approve of our pathetic American culture's obession with celebrity and sports figures!! While we treat artists, writers and teachers as second class citizens while paying millions to entertainers. Something IS DEFINITELY WRONG WITH THAT.

But, trying to avoid crossing the line while working on my Edward, it was hard not to become more aware (and impressed, ever so slightly) with Rob. I LOVE that he leaves the house in a ski cap and greasy hair. I love that he composes music and plays guitar and piano. I love that he thumbs his nose at Hollywood crap and has dandruff.

When I was a teenage girl, I invited Pete Deul to visit me. He never answered and then committed suicide. So, my celebrity expectations are fairly low!! Ha!!

Life is weird. And full of surprises.

Hey, I'm married (happily) but I'm not dead.

Used to be a rock journalist, believe it or not. If you want to read some of my work, Google me under my maiden name: Nina Ellerman. Years ago, I was the "alternative rock" writer for BAM magazine in California.

Life is interesting, isn't it?


Sigh ...

N.

No comments: