Sorry I've been a little lax about posting. It's not that I haven't been working. I'm currently working on the second draft of the novel, which seems to involve a painstaking process of writing and editing word by word, paragraph by paragraph. Needless to say, the thesaurus has become my new best friend!
But I've also been working on dolls ... a little. I finally finished James Madison. What a little bugger he turned out to be. With Madison, I started using a new material for the bodies -- cotton batting instead of poly batting. It gives them a lot more density and allows me to actually cut and stuff muscles to give them a more human shape. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend of Madison and the George Washington I've been repairing for Colonial Williamsburg. Some of my readers might recall that he was returned to me after someone in the gift shop dropped him. At first glance, it looked like he'd broken off the stand and left part of his hand on the cannon. But when I got a closer look, I discovered that his neck had been broken. So, I basically ended up doing a whole new Washington over the old Washington. I wonder if the folks at Williamsburg will even notice. I used some of my new stuffing techniques on George and he's really quite splendid. I'll try to get pictures of George posted, too.
For Spooky Time this month, I'm thinking of putting up some Georgian rabbits I made last year. I also did some small collage boxes with a spring theme that I'm thinking about putting up as well.
In other news, the daffodils outside my window are finally blooming. Mine always bloom late because, like a dope, I planted them in the shade. Only got one bloom last year with the crazy drought here in Georgia. Thought about digging them up, but didn't get around to it. Now it looks like there will be blooms on just about every plant.