Apr 18, 2009

Men in Kilts

If you like men in kilts--check out my new line of Highlander Hunk dolls I'll be introducing shortly for special order. You can choose the hair and eye color you prefer!

This is where my novel-writing, dollmaking and study of costume intersect: kilts. Since my vampire protagonist is Scottish, I put him in full Highland dress for his wedding. And since I'm a stickler for detail when it comes to, well, pretty much everything--but especially costume--I had to do a little research on tartans, kilts, and accessories like ghillie brogues, flashes, sporrans and the like. In other words, I want my description to hold up to even the most discerning Scot. Anyway, I thought I'd share with ya'll some of the yummy fruits of my labors. I do love a man in a kilt! If you have to ask why, well, scroll down. But, if you're easily offended, please don't! Some of the gents are going "regimental." Which is, of course, the mark of a True Scot and part of the appeal of the kilt. First chance I get, I'm buying my hubby a kilt. Prince Charles or Argyle? Hmmm.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Nina,

If you would like some further advice for your husband's kilt, then I invite you to visit my site at http://www.your-kilt.com
for some unbiased advice on kilt wearing.

Kind Regards,

David.